We are currently accepting a limited number of applications and scheduling intakes for 2016 preschool session. Scholarships and/or financial aid are available.
The Slomin Family Center for Autism and Related Disabilities, Inc. believes in a personalized approach to learning. We promote an inclusion model where children diagnosed with autism and related disabilities learn alongside their typical peers. Our purpose is to provide children and their families with an atmosphere of warmth, creativity, and a quality education. Curriculum and daily activities are catered to the individual and personal needs of each child and their family.
1. Each student will be exposed to core state standards in math and literacy preparing them for the academic rigor of kindergarten
2. Each student will have the opportunity to develop social and adaptive skills through a variety of peer activities and play.
3. Teachers and staff working the classroom will utilize research based methods for developing social/emotional regulation, adaptive behavior skills, independent functioning skills, receptive and expressive language skills, and in core academia.
4. Parents will be involved on a daily and weekly basis in their child’s progress and educational needs/progress.
5. Support services are offered to our families.
The Preschool at The Slomin Family Center, Inc. is an inclusion based model accepting children ages 3-5. Using an inclusion & educational model, we are able to offer “typical” children and those children on the autism spectrum a school experience providing an atmosphere of tolerance and acceptance. We promote the idea that we are all more alike than different. Peer activities and peer play will help each student develop social and adaptive skills.
Using a curriculum that is based on core state standards and autism based research, our preschoolers will become prepared for kindergarten. Working with experienced teachers and staff, we are able to create a personalized learning environment for each of our children catering to the individualized needs of each child. Research based methods for developing social/emotional regulation, adaptive behavior skills, independent functioning skills, receptive and expressive language skills and in core academics are implemented within the classroom.
Parents will be involved in their child’s progress on a daily basis and will have access to support services from our team.
Snow Day 2016
December 22, 2016
A Time of Gratitude and Compassion
November 30, 2016
November 12, 2016
October 31, 2016
Copyright © 2016 Slomin Family Center For Autism and Related Disabilities, Inc. | All Rights Reserved | Designed by IWD Marketing
The Slomin Family Center For Autism and Related Disabilities, Inc. is a 501 C (3) organization. A copy of the official registration (#CH32194) and financial information may be obtained
from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free (800) 435-7352 within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the State.